Hey Guys, MiaT is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means I get to link you to awesome stuff, and I will make a little commission to help keep MiaT up and running!
Mmm, this recipe was probably my favorite one that I made this ramp season.
I love chicken salad any which way you make it, so this was a no-brainer for me. Bonus was we had some homemade bread for our sandwiches. Who cares if the restaurants are closed due to the quarantine when we’re eating like this!
1 large chicken breast
Seedless red grapes
Salt and pepper
2 heaping T. mayo
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While the water is boiling, clean and prepare your ramps. (See instructions in last blog’s recipe if you’ve never prepped ramps before.)
- Blanch ramps for 10-15 seconds, then run under cold water.
- Boil chicken until cooked . (I usually let it cook for an hour, and it’s good.)
- Chop ramps and grapes and set aside.
- Transfer chicken to a metal mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to shred. (No, really. This is HANDS DOWN the easiest way to shred ANY meat.)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl (Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste. Sorry – y’all know how I roll.)
- Mix thoroughly, chill, and serve!
We ate ours topped with lettuce and tomato; you could also add toasted pecans to this or top with avocado. For a protein-heavy alternative, you could use avocado in place of the mayo.
So, have you ever cooked with ramps before? What are your favorite recipes? Let me know!